Home page Site map Ελληνικά
BUCHA LLC History
1944 Commencement of re-construction of the Bucha Glassworks factory, that was destroyed during the war, at its very same premises.
1946 Initiation of the first glass-melting furnace; early production pertained to glass insulators and tiles.
1948 The second furnace was put into production, which now incorporated flat glass (through the use of Furko technology).
1952 Inauguration of silicate production in the second furnace.
1954 For the first time semi-automatic machines are used to manufacture 3- liter glass jars.
1956 A new era starts for the company with the production of glass pipes (by use of vertical pulling technology); the productivity reaches a record-high 2.5 million meters per annum.
1961 The batch plant is built.
1963 Modernization of glass jar production, through the installation of two fully automatic machines.
1973-1985 Establishment of a complete breed of thermoses production (boasting a sizeable productivity of 5 million pieces yearly).
1983 Introduction of fabrication of shaped glass, and gradual amendment towards the production of figured and wired glass.
1996 The privatization process for the company begins.
1999 A new production line for glass bottles is introduced, incorporating the use of automatic IS machines.
2000 Glass bottles are now produced in the factory, and so is figured glass, once again.
2005 Yioula Glassworks acquires Bucha Glassworks. Investment plans are put into effect, aiming at production modernization and upgrading.



 
 F.A.Q.